~~lotsa_cloudz~~

Saturday, December 25, 2004

Him... Christmas... Work... Thoughts

ARGH... I have not seen Him in more than 2 weeks... I miss Him so terribly... When can I get to see Him again?? I've just asked him to watch Phantom of the Opera with me next weekend... I really hope he can make it... So that I can see him again... I am still anticipating his answer... Heehee... ;o)

Today is Christmas and although I am not a christian, I want to wish all my friends a Merry Christmas!~!

I have been working at PSA for 2 weeks already as attachment... I have no Internet access!~! Haiz... I'm so ill-fated... Besides Aye and Bryan, attached together with me at HabourFront PSA are Joe, Xue ling, Jonathan, Robin and Ashadi... They are fun to be with and we have all have lunch together despite being in the different department... Heehee... I am now involved in system testing in attachment and I can really say system testing is really a tedious work to do... And I am so stressed... My working hours are quite long too... I work from 8.30am to 6.30pm on Monday to Thursday and 8.30am to 5.30pm on Friday... :o(

I just read kaixin's new blog on comopolitian stuff and she was talking about marriage and cosmetic surgery recently... This led me to think about wat she wrote... For marriage I think money might be important, but having someone to spend days with when I'm old is also as important... My mom once said in chinese, when you're young, you're might just a couple, but when in old age, you are companion for each other... Some pepple here might urgue that you can get companionship in friends and pets, but in truth, when i'm are old and bed-ridden, a pet can take care of me... My partner is the one that is most likely to do it... And a friend cannot keep u 24 hours a day and 356.25 days a year, but ur partner when retired, will keep u company most of the time... It's true it takes a lot of hard work and commitment, but can a person be truely be considered a human being if this person never did work hard for anything or be committed to anything in life?? I don't think so... People might succeed or fail in the process of trying to maintain a marriage till old age and death, but i guess for the rewards of it, it is definitely worth it...

For cosmetic surgery, i think if a person really needs it, it should be done... But if it is for pursuit of for example, looking like snow white or prince charming, i think it is totally pointless... Beauty is only skin deep and no one is going to be beautiful or handsome forever... Some people urgue it is for self-esteem... Then please tell me wat are these people going to do when they are all old and wrinkled... Surgery cannot totally stop that... And if a person dun really care about wat people think, nothing can really affect this person's self-esteem... Some women and men do it for the sake of the person they like... But if the one they like only liked then after surgery, i think he or she only likes the end result of the surgery and nothing more... And it is more or less a fake kind of liking...

1 Comments:

  • Kaixin here! If people wants to visit the discussion blog that Yunyun mentioned about marriage and cosmetic surgery, please drop by http://www.livejournal.com/users/cosmopnews/
    Everyone's welcome, and please leave your views! Thanks!

    By Blogger The Lady, At Sat Dec 25, 10:55:00 PM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home